Master Generator Technician - Level 3
GenPro Energy Solutions is the region’s foremost expert on renewable energy integration, power generation, and innovative product offerings. GenPro is focused on four major industry sectors including energy efficient lighting systems, solar powered solutions, power generation, and solar water pumping and filtration.
Our power generation team has been in the business for over 25 years. We offer all aspects of power generators for standby, prime and back-up power production. We install, maintain, and service generators for the residential, telecommunications, industrial, and commercial power generation market.
Pay Grade Range: $29 – $35 per hour DOE
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist and participate in routine inspections and make modifications to IC engines, diesel generators, and associated equipment.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) and annunciator panels.
- Perform lead testing on units to identify possible problems and prevent wet stacking.
- Make electrical and mechanical wiring modifications to diesel control circuits.
- Conduct automatic and manual transfer tests of simulated power outages to ensure generators are functioning properly.
- Test batteries, fuel coolant, and oil; ship oil samples for analysis.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location and time of year
- Job requires employees to have personal tools with them at all times
- Work from all types of ladders
- Perform work at various heights (up to 90’) from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, building roofs, cat walks and other areas
- Work in restricted areas (switchgear room, manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, attics, etc.)
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers
- Able to work at least 8 hours per day and excessive overtime as required
- Basic electrical, mechanical, thermal, and hydraulic principles and practices.
- Engine Control systems and other program logic controls that are associated with IC power generation.
- Electrical and mechanical safety procedures.
- Applicable local, state, and national regulations such as SMAQMD, CARB, and EPA.
- Natural Fire Protection Codes.
- Lockout/tagout procedures.
- Appropriate electrical and mechanical personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Industrial Diesel and or Gaseous Industrial engines. Certificate Required `
- Rigging standards and principles of safe and efficient methods for handling heavy objects.
- Computer technology.
- Strong technical skills
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent team player
- Interpreting electrical and mechanical drawings
- Identifying and repairing problems with engine control systems
- Interpreting schematic diagrams and wiring
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical problems.
- Maintaining records manually and electronically
- Reading electrical and mechanical drawing and prints
- Using electrical testing and calibration equipment
- Using calibrated mechanical tools
- Using stationary machine tooling
- Operating cranes and forklifts
- Minimum of four years generator and transfer switch experience
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience including a minimum of 4 years diesel service and fleet experience (ASE certifications preferred)
- Current driver’s license, preferably with CDL
- International travel may be required, Passport eligible
- Willingness to travel in multi-state region with extended overnight stays
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.